10. Kick Around
For the leader:
- Steps 1 through 4 are normal basic footwork.
- On 5,6, rock step right left
- On 7, kick with the foot and skip on the left
- Step with the left foot on 8
- On 1,2, rock step left right
- On 3, kick with the left foot and skip on the right foot
- Step with the right foot on 4
You can either keep repeating this 8 count or on 8 swing your right leg around in two counts and then tap the right foot forward as in count 5 of your basic and resume basic.
For the follower:
- On 5,6 you are led into a rock step left right
- On 7, kick with your left foot and skip on your right
- On, 8 you step with your left foot
- Rock step right left on 1,2
- Kick with your right foot and skip on your left foot on 3
- Step with your right foot on 4
- Repeat as led.
When exiting, as the leader swings around with his left leg after 8, the follower will step back on her right foot and then tap back with her left as in count 5 of the basic and will resume the basic.
We recommend the use the slow motion feature on the video to sort this out. Stills won't help much with this figure.
Previous Page Table of Contents Next Page
Home Page Suggestion or Observation Email.
If referring to a particular video,
please indicate the number
2x's larger video
Copyright @ 2004 by
Dance Tutor, Ltd.